Use Tutor LMS in a test environment so you can try out the new features, see what breaks without worrying about the consequences, and give us feedback.
It is paramount that you follow these guidelines when installing the beta version because, as the name suggests it is in the beta stage of development and is not entirely stable.
We will be taking valuable feedback from the beta version users to get firsthand insight on key improvements.
Follow along the next few steps to find out how you can get about installing the beta version for testing.
Download the Free Beta File
To get the free version of the Tutor LMS 2.0 alpha:
- Navigate to the Tutor LMS GitHub.
- Download the Tutor 2.0 beta install zip file.
- Create a backup version of your entire site before you plan to install the beta. Ideal usage, we reiterate, would be to install the beta on a test site to see and try out the new features without breaking anything.
Download the Pro Beta File
Follow along to download the pro beta version of Tutor LMS 2.0.
Note: The pro beta version is only available to the pro users of Tutor LMS and can only be availed by them. Check the previous section to download the free beta release if you do not own Tutor Pro.
- Log in to your Themuem account and navigate to the downloads page.
- Click on download under the beta release file and the zip file should start downloading for you.
Installing the Free/Pro Beta File
The installation process for both the free and pro beta versions is the same since we are installing a zip file. Once again we urge you to create a back of your site or use a test environment before going ahead with the beta installation.
Installing the Beta:
- From the WordPress admin dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add new > Upload Plugins.
- Go to the zip file location on your local device and hit Upload.
- Once uploaded install and activate the plugin to use the beta release of Tutor LMS 2.0.
Enjoy using the beta version of Tutor LMS 2.0 and let us know how you like the new features that come packing. Your feedback is valuable to the improvement of Tutor 2.0.
Happy Testing and thank you for participating!
Is it safe to use Tutor LMS 2.0 Beta on your production site?
Tutor LMS 2.0 Beta is an experimental build meant for testing purposes. We strongly recommend you not to use Tutor LMS 2.0 Beta on your production sites. Use it on staging environments and remember to backup your entire website before updating.
Will I get any support for Tutor LMS 2.0 Beta?
Since this is an experimental release and should not be used on production sites, we won’t be providing any support for Tutor LMS 2.0 Beta.
Where can I report bugs or provide feedback?
On the description section, you’ll see a form with the text “Report a Bug”. In this form, you can fill in your issues or provide your feedback regarding the Beta release.