Categories are an important part of Tutor LMS content management hierarchy, . Especially if you are creating a course marketplace with different instructors working on courses from a variety of categories. Before creating courses, you should take the time to create a few categories so that course filtering and listings are easier to manage
From the categories menu, you can view all existing categories, edit them, and add new ones.
Add new Category
To add a new category, fill up the necessary fields in the left.
- Name: This is the main identifier of the category. Make sure to give it a relevant and identifiable name.
- Slug: This is the URL slug that this category will contain.
- Parent: To create a hierarchy of categories, select a parent category.
- Description: Describe the kind of courses that this category contains.
- Thumbnail: Add a thumbnail image for the category. This will be useful for course archive pages and course listing pages
Editing Existing Categories
You can make changes to existing categories by clicking on Edit. You can also edit the name and slug from this page itself by using the Quick Edit feature. Also, to view a categories frontend page, click on view.