BuddyPress is the most famous social media plugin for WordPress. It adds peer to peer messaging, following, notifications and many other common social media features within your WordPress site.
Tutor LMS Pro version 1.5.0 release the added integration for BuddyPress messages and groups.
To make sure everything is working properly, you need to have the following
- Tutor LMS plugin version 1.4.9 or later
- Tutor LMS Pro plugin version 1.5.0 or later
- BuddyPress Plugin version 5.1.1 or later
Necessary BuddyPress Component
Private Messaging and User Group are two of the core component of BuddyPress you need for the integration. You can enable the other components according to your needs.
Enable the Add-on From Tutor LMS
First, you need to enable the BuddyPress module from the Add-on section of Tutor LMS. Go to Tutor LMS > Add-ons and enable the BuddyPress add-on.
Link A Buddypress Group To Course
After enabling the Tutor LMS BuddyPress module, you will now be able to link your courses to a BuddyPress group. While creating a course scroll down to the course settings and you will find the BuddyPress groups.
Enable the BuddyPress group activity feed. Then define the group you want to bind it to.
You need to create a group beforehand from the Group section of BuddyPress. Learn more from here.
Course Activity Settings
You can also configure what activity details you want to show up in the BuddyPress group’s activity tab in the frontend. To find the options, go to the Groups menu for BuddyPress. Then select the group you connected to your Tutor LMS course.
Here you will find the following activity options
- User enrolled a course: If you want to show the activity of a user enrolling for a course.
- User starts a course: When a user starts the specific Tutor LMS course.
- User completes a course: When a user hits the complete button for the course.
- User creates a lesson: If a user with the set permission from settings, creates a course then that activity will show up.
- User updated a lesson: When a user updates a course lesson.
That’s all you need to do to integrate your BuddyPress group with a specific Tutor LMS course. Once in the frontend, a user will now be able to see the details of the group such as the activity of the members, course groups that they have been added to, etc.
As an administrator, you will be able to control the core components of the BuddyPress and decide what components you want for your enrolls. The components you activate will be the one your Tutor LMS users will have access to. Such as
- Private Messaging
- User Groups
- Friend Connections
- Activity Streams
- And many other