Enabling The Email Add-on
To get started with the Email notification settings first you need to enable the Email add-on. Navigate to
WordPress dashboard → Tutor LMS → Add-ons
Here you will find the Email add-on toggle button. Enable it to start using the email notifications in your Tutor LMS site.
Email Notification Variables
With the Email Notification addon, you can manage when and what notification will be sent to your users. To check what are the available variables to use for the email, browse to Tutor Dashboard > E-mails. It will appear once the addon is turned on.
Configuring E-Mail Notification Settings
You can configure the email notification settings by going to Dashboard > Tutor LMS > Settings > E-mail Notifications
E-Mail to Students: Choose when to send email notifications to the students. You can select multiple actions such as send emails when
- When a student enrolls for a course
- Quiz is completed
- A course is completed
- Removed from a course
- When enrolled manually in a course
- Grades are assigned for a course
- New announcements are posted
- Q&A messages are answered
- Feedback is submitted after the quiz attempt
- Course and instructors are rated after course completion
- When a new lesson is published
- When a new quiz is published
- New Assignment Published
E-Mail to Teachers: Choose when to send email notifications to the teachers. You can select multiple actions such as
- A student is enrolled in a course
- A student completed a course
- A student completed a lesson
- Student asked a question using Q/A
- Student submitted quiz answers
- Student submitted assignment
- When the withdrawal request is approved
- When an instructor’s application is accepted
- When an instructor’s application is rejected
- When an instructor’s application is received
Email To Admin: This option lets you select the specific situation when the admin of the site will receive an email notification. Such as
- A new instructor signed up for the LMS site
- A new student signed up
- A new course is submitted for review
- A new course is published on the site
- A course is edited/updated
- When an instructor requests for a withdrawal
E-Mail From Name: Define the name under which all the emails will be sent.
From E-mail Address: Define the email address from which all the emails will be sent.
E-mail Footer Text: The text you put here will appear in the email footer.
Disable WP-Cron for Mailing: WordPress handles interval time for using WP-Cron. And if you wish to not using the WordPress Core WP-Cron for content drip and announcement email tasks then you can disable the Mailer Cron from this option.
➡ Please check this documentation for a detailed description.