To be able to use the Twitter Social login feature on your eLearning site, you need to go through the instructions below. Let’s get started.
Step 1: Create an App from Twitter Developer Portal
First, you need to go to the Twitter developer portal and create an app, from where you will get the API keys.
- Navigate to Twitter Developer Portal and log in/sign in to Twitter https://developer.twitter.com/en/portal/projects-and-apps
If you’re accessing this portal for the first time then you need to go through some verification from Twitter. Verify your account with a mobile number, if your account is already verified then just sign up for a free developer account.
- Once you’ve set up the account you can create the app. Navigate to Projects and Apps and under Overview apps click on Create App.
- Next name your app. Then click Next.
- From this tab, you will find the API Key and the API Secret Key.
- Copy the first two marked keys: API Key and API Key Secret and head over to Tutor LMS.
Step 2: Setting up Tutor LMS side of things
- Once you have the two API keys navigate to Tutor LMS Pro > Settings > Authentication, scroll over to Social Logins, and under the Twitter option paste the API key and API secret key respectively.
- Next, click on copy redirect URI and go back to the Twitter Developer page.
Step 3: Finishing up the App settings
- On the developer page from Projects & Apps under Standalone Apps click on Set up to configure the authentication settings.
- In the User authentication settings set the App Permissions to Read and toggle on Request email from users.
- Set the Type of App to Web App
- Scroll down and configure the App info
- In the Redirect URL text box paste the redirect URI that you copied from Tutor LMS.
Step 4: Seeing the Final Result
Now that you’re done with the setup go to the frontend of Tutor LMS and attempt a login. You will now see the new Sign in with Twitter button when logging in.