Once you install Skillate theme on your site and finished all the necessary steps to get started with the theme, you will have the full configuration option available from the customize section.
After you click on it, you will find the Skillate option from the frontend of your site.
Customizing Skillate Theme
You are free to customize every aspect of the Skillate theme to your liking. Below you will find what options you will be able to use.
This section will provide you an in-depth guide on how to use the Skillate Options. There are a few ways to access the Skillate customization page, the following method is best practice.
Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Skillate Options.
Here is a screenshot of the Skillate Options page. The default settings are shown in the following image.
You can customize your course archive page from the settings in this section.
- Featured Slider: Enable/disable the featured courses slider section.
- Featured Slider Title: Set the featured courses slider section title with your own text.
- Featured Slider Total Items: Set the featured courses total item number using the number box from this setting.
- Featured Slider Column: Select the number of columns you want to show. You can choose from 4 to 7 columns for your courses.
- Slide Center Mode: Enable/disable if you want to show the slider in the center.
- Slider Opacity Disable: Enable/disable the slider opacity using this toggle button.
- Course Filter Title: Set the course filter option title using this text box.
- Sidebar Filter Enable: Choose if you want to enable/disable the sidebar filtering option for your users for the courses.
- Course Sorting Bar: Course sorting bar allows the user to sort the courses by Newest, oldest, title, and so on. You can use this option to enable/disable it.
- Category Filter: Enable or disable the category filtering option for the user.
- Level Filter: This option will allow you to enable/disable the course level filtering option that is found on the sidebar.
- Enable Price Filter: This option will allow you to enable/disable the price filtering option that is found on the sidebar.Language Filter:
- Latest item with the “New” tag: Set the number of courses you want to show with the new tag once you add them to your site.
- Course Per Page: Select how many courses you want to show in the course listing page.
- Course Pagination: You can turn on or off pagination for the course listing page.
- Instructor Slider: Enable/disable the slider showing the instructors depending upon your requirements.
- Instructor Slider Title: Set the title of the instructor slider section from this text box.
- Instructor Slider Title Link Text: Add a link to the title of the instructor title text from this box.
You can customize your course archive page from here. You will find the following settings.
- Best Selling Tag: You can enable/disable the option to show the best selling course tag.
- Course Details Rating: Enable/disable if you want to show the course ratings given by the students in the related course slider.
- Single Course Sticky Menu: Enable/disable the single course sticky menu depending upon your requirements using this setting.
- Related Course Slider: Enable or disable the related course slider depending on your needs.
- Related Course Slider Total Items: Set the number of related courses you want to show in the slider.
- Related Course Title: Set the title of the suggested courses with your own texts.
Select Header Style: There are two types of header styles you can choose. Header style and header solid.
Header Background Color: You can change the background color for the menu from here. The input field accepts Hex Codes for colors.
Header Top Padding: Lets you set the value of the top padding.
Header Bottom Padding: Set the bottom padding value and configure it to your need.
Sticky Header: If you enable this option, the menu will stick to the top of the browser window when you scroll down a page.
Sticky Background Color: This is different from the header background color. The header background color is applicable when you are at the top of the page. This color will be visible on the menu when you are scrolling down.
Header Transparent: If you do not want any color on the menu, and want it to be transparent, then you can enable this option.
Header Category Menu: This option enables a menu right beside the logo. It will show all the course categories inside a dropdown menu
Category Menu Label Text: If you want to show something other than a category on the menu label text, then you can write that here.
Header Login/Signup Button: Enabling this option will show a login button on the top right corner if a user is not signed in.
Header Login/Signup Button Text: If you want to change the text of the signup button, you can do it from here.
Enable Header Shopping Cart: Enabling this adds a cart icon on the top right corner to access the cart easily.
With Skillate theme, you can get your users to sign up with their social media accounts, this saves them from the frustrating traditional signup methods.
Enable Social Login: Turn this feature on to enable social media login along with traditional email sign up process.
Google Login Client ID: To enable your users’ login with Gmail, you need to get a Google Login Client ID. You can head over here to get more insights
Facebook login App ID: To enable your users’ login with Facebook, you need to get a Facebook App ID. You can head over here to get more insights
Twitter Login Consumer Key/Consumer Secret/Auth Redirect URL: To enable your users’ login with Twitter, you need to have these credentials. You can head over here to get more insights
Archive Sidebar Filter: Enabling this option shows filtering options on course listings.
Sidebar Position: You can change the sidebar position from left to right/right to left using this feature when the sidebar is enabled.
Enable Course Sorting Bar: When this feature is enabled, there would be a sorting option available on the top right corner of the course archive page for sorting the courses. There are two available options for sorting: release date and title.
Archive Course Per Page: You can set how many courses you want to show on the course archive page using this feature.
New Tag Count: Define the number of tags that you want to show up on the course page.
Enable Course Per Page: Set the number of courses you want to show on one page on the Course page.
Enable Course Pagination: Enable/disable the pagination feature of the course page.
Enable Instructor Slide: Enable this if you want to allow to show the instructor slide.
Instructor Page Link: Enter the URL of the instructor. It can be a separate portfolio website.
Instructor Slide Query: Instructor Slide Query allows you to either all instructors course or only the courses marked as favorites.
Upload Logo: You can set the logo that you want to show on the single instructor page. You can change the file or upload/select a new one too.
Course Count: Set the course count in the single instructor page.
Instructor Batch Area: Enable this if you want to show the instructor batch area.
Gamipress Achievement: Enable this to show the Gamipress achievements in the single instructor page.
Mobile Splash Screen
Set the customization settings for the mobile view log in a pop-up a splash of your theme.
Upload logo: Upload the logo you want to show up in your mobile splash screen.
Title: Set the write of the splash screen pop up.
Content: Write the content you want to show up after the title of the splash screen.
This section will let you set everything related to your website logo. You can define whether an image or text will be used as the logo and customize them.
Select Logo Style: You can have text or image as your site logo. Define the type using this feature.
Upload Logo: If you’ve chosen image type for the logo, you need to upload it from here. The supported file types are jpg, SVG, png.
Logo Height and Width: You can set a fixed value for the logo height and width. Leave the field blank to get the default image site automatically.
Custom Logo Text: If you’ve chosen text type for the logo, you need to write down the text in this field.
Coming Soon Logo: You can upload the logo for the coming soon page using this feature.
Sub Header Banner
You can control the sub-header banner settings for your site from this section. You will have the option to set a background image, control the padding/margin and set the size or color for the title text.
On this page, you can change your site’s font-family, font size, font weight, font color, etc. 600+ Google fonts are added to this font selection option. Typography settings will let you customize the font options for the body, menu, and heading 1 to heading 5.
Layout & Styling
The options here manage the layouts and color variations of your theme. There are two types of layouts available for you to choose from BoxWidth and FullWidth. You can choose a color or image for the background and control its styling. You can also take control of the menu and sub-menu content color styling.
404 Page Setting
We’ve provided a preset 404 page in the template. You can set an image for the 404 page, the page title, a description, and the button text.
Blog Page Settings
Show Blog Date: Enable this to show the blog date. You can both enable/disable it to your needs.
Show Blog Author: Set if you want to show the author name on the archive page.
Show Blog Category: Show the category of the courses on your page.
Show Comment: Allow to show comments from your enrolls.
Show Blog Content: Show the list of blog contents.
Show Read More: Enable this to show the Read More button.
Excerpt Charlength Limit: Set the character limit of the excerpt.
Blog Single Page Setting
This section helps you customize attributes to your blog single pages. You can choose whether you’d like to enable the blog sidebar or not. You can also control the display option for publishing date, author, category, tags, hit count and comments.
Client Logo Option
The client logo option lets you choose the text of the featured area, and enable the slide autoplay features.
Skillate options allow you to personalize the bottom settings of your website that goes perfectly with your design. You can enable the bottom area and customize the background color, title color, link color, link hover color, text color, etc. You can also take control of the top and bottom padding. To modify the widgets click on the edit icons.
If you want to show some texts (e.g. copyright notice) on your website footer, turn on this option, define the padding values and set the stylings. You can enable/disable/customize your website copyright text from here.